Welcome to part two of Arlo’s the Cavapoo Adventures.
From the moment he joined our family at 8 weeks old, Arlo has filled our lives with love, laughter, and a few challenges along the way.
You can read his progress from 8 weeks old to see how he changes and what he has been up to. We will highlight the ups and downs of puppyhood and share some amusing anecdotes from our daily diary.
In part one, we spoke about his first few days in his new home and how he has started to adapt.
This will continue every week, and will hopefully help others who have recently welcomed a new Cavapoo puppy into their lives.
Week 2 of Arlo’s Journey
Ok, so it’s been an eventful week with Arlo, who is now starting to lose the fear of not being with his mother and siblings. He is doing well with his food, and continues to be a bundle of energy.
Below is some notes for you to read:
Day 8: 9 weeks, 1 day
- Arlo’s early morning routines involve a few interruptions to our sleep, but he’s quickly learning.
- Playtime in the garden follows his morning toilet break, but sometimes his poop schedule seems determined to test our patience.
- Arlo’s burst of excitement and excessive jumping are signs of his infectious energy. A quick cuddle on my knee helps him calm down and prepares him for a well-deserved nap.
- Despite our efforts, accidents happen during the day, and we’re still working on consistent potty training.
Day 9: 9 weeks, 2 days
- Arlo’s sociable nature shines as he meets five new family members, showering them with boundless joy and a touch of puppy mischief.
- Sleep patterns show signs of improvement, giving us a glimmer of hope for more peaceful nights.
- We’re gradually instilling discipline to discourage jumping behaviour, although we are not gaining much progress.
Day 10: 9 weeks, 3 days old
- Another step forward in potty training as Arlo demonstrates better bladder control during the day.
- We suspect that Arlo’s lunchtime milk may contribute to accidents, but we’ll have to wait a little longer before making changes.
- Positive reinforcement and gentle correction continue to be our potty training methods of choice.
Day 11: 9 weeks, 4 days old
- Encouraging progress in sleep patterns as Arlo enjoys a longer night of rest, waking up later than usual.
- Our morning routine includes outdoor bathroom breaks and playtime, setting the tone for a productive day.
- Despite some setbacks, Arlo’s guilty reaction to our disapproval shows he’s starting to understand the rules.
Day 12: 9 weeks, 5 days old
- Arlo’s exploration expands to the back garden, providing him with a new space to romp and discover.
- Night time sleep continues to improve, which is hopefully a sign that he his growing comfortable in his new environment.
- The infamous mid-afternoon peeing spree persists, with the suspect being his milk. Patience is key until we can adjust his diet.
Day 13: 9 weeks, 6 days old
- An early morning upset stomach causes a brief scare, but Arlo quickly recovers his appetite and energetic spirit.
- Potty training efforts remain consistent, with both progress and challenges along the way.
Day 14: 10 weeks old
- Arlo’s vet appointment includes important dog vaccinations, health checks, and flea and worm treatments. Our little pup is growing!
- The mischievous side of puppyhood lingers as Arlo sometimes gets carried away during play, but his constant wagging tail reassures us that he is being friendly.
- Night time routines are important to us and will hopefully provide a sense of stability in Arlo’s routine.
Wrapping Up Arlo’s Second Week:
Arlo’s journey through the past week has been filled with highs and lows, as we navigate potty training challenges, introduce him to new experiences, and witness his growth. While there are moments of frustration, the joy Arlo brings to our lives far outweighs any difficulties.
Stay tuned for the next article, where we’ll share more adventures from Arlo’s delightful life!